I made another attempt at making the traditional Bowman taco's. It usually takes me a good 5 or so that I completely ruin, before I make any that are edible. I HATE frying food! For some reason, I really struggle with making these. I let too much of the meat fall out into my oil and then it starts popping, and it is all downhill from there! While making them yesterday,I told Brad that I will never make them again. (Which I will...I mean being a Bowman and not making Bowman taco's might not be allowed) When I said that Brad didn't give me much moral support. He said, "I don't blame you. I don't know why you keep trying these. The other taco's we eat are probably better than these anyway." What! Ok I give him a pass, he didn't grow up on them, and the other ones are healthier and much easier. I will remember that next time I get a craving for a little taste of my childhood. 
My Brea liked them. I would have pictures of Tawni and Brad enjoying their taco's, too, but they don't looks as cute in their pictures. :) And London didn't enjoy them too much.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh well! At least you have a cute apron to cook in :)
You are a brave women! One day Lis...we will master the Bowman taco! We may be 50 by the time we do it, but we will get there!! ;)
Cute apron-I agree! I have a friend that makes some really cute ones, but I don't want to pay 30 bucks for it-I am cheep!
Our family really enjoys Bowman tacos so although not that healthy we make them a little more often. I used to always have Mark fry them up but lately I have done it and I have been quite proud of myself, I am getting better at it. I too of course always get some battle wounds.
I am just glad that you are at least trying! It does take practice, and I still get battle wounds. Keep trying you will master it. I am making some tonight for transfer week. They love Bowman tacos!! You do have a cute apron on( I think I have seen one similar to that one). Love ya all!XOXOXO
I've always been so impressed with you and your gumption. You look sooo cute! Guess what? I get to see you in less than 39 days!
I am a little offended you didn't think my picture was as cute as Brea's... ha thank you for not posting that!
p.s. I personally think you have the tacos mastered (besides the battle wounds). They were YUMMY!
awh I haven't been on blogs in a long time. I just laughed and almost cried when I was reading yours. I miss you. The one about this is how your day was with all the girls crying that's my day when I get home from work everyday. Then the messes yep thats mine to. and Why did we want to be moms? j/k They are worth it sometimes. Love ya girl give those girls a big kiss
Post a Comment